Ponies are one of the most adorable pet. They are easy to raise, manage and is friendly. Some people have made them a pet at home because of their ability to follow their masters and are very trainable. Meanwhile, there are a lot of types of ponies which you can choose from. Well, that depends on your preferences. There are ones that are big, good for horse racing, farm horses, and those that are smaller kind. The latter has become a good pet by horse patrons nowadays. There are Shetland ponies for sale in the UK which you could choose from. If you are going to have one at home, you must consider the following guide below.
- For what purpose? Will it be a pet at home? Or something you can train to include in contests, events or horse shows? There are ponies or horses exclusive for this. Shetlands are a good pick as they are highly trainable and are good pets. Hence, it would be better if you can visit a horse farm sometimes and ask their attendant what could be the best pony for your cause. On the other hand, ponies are the perfect present for your kids, nephew/niece or to a friend who is a fan of miniature horses.
- The kind or breed. Before buying one, you must know what breed of pony you want to have. Is it for equestrian on your farm, a pet at home, or a trainable pony for shows? There are certain types of ponies suitable for the said purpose. If you are considering a pet, there are Falabella ponies for sale. This is a type of miniature horse that are perfect to keep at home or in your yard. They are said to be friendly and easy to train for some stunts. And buying a filly would be perfect to teach with certain tricks.
- Physical attributes. How do you like your ponies are? You prefer dark ones like brown and black, or lighter colors like peach and white? Some breeds of horses like Shetlands and Falabella have fluffy hair which makes them look adorable when they trot.
- Age. Ponies can be sold as early as five months. For miniature horses, it would be hard for anyone to identify whether they are still ponies or fully developed horses. Meanwhile, if you wish to train a pet for tricks and stunts, then choosing a pony would be an idea. Young horses are easy to train and can catch up with stunts and tricks.
- If it has been perfectly trained to be pet. There are ponies for sale that have not been trained yet to be a pet at home. Those that have trained follow the schedule for discharging and where they could do that. That is why when choosing one; you must ask the owner or the farm attendant if the pony is already good enough to take indoors.
- Characteristics. There are ponies that are a bit wild and hard to tame, and there are lovely ones like Shetlands and Falabella that are easy to handle. For pets at home, these types of horses are perfect to have. They are friendly, manageable and good as adorable.
- Cost. When you consider buying miniature horses, it is advisable to go canvassing of prices. In this way, you can compare the prices of such kind in farms near you and be able to have the perfect deal for your budget.
Whatever your cause for buying ponies you must always consider the above guidelines. The purpose of having a pony should be considered first. This should be followed by the criteria on its breed, physical attributes, age, training, characteristics, and cost. This will be a good help for you to consider the right kind of pet according to your needs.